Our complete Executive Health Check is designed to pick up health problems before they present themselves as conditions such as heart disease, cancer, stroke or diabetes.
Ischaemic heart disease is still the leading cause of death in New Zealand (Ministry of Health) for Maori and non-Maori. Other top five causes include cancer (lung, colon, breast), diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and cerebrovascular disease (ie. disease of the blood vessels supplying the brain with hypertension being the most important cause). These diseases can go undetected for years with no signs or symptoms until it is too late. Our Executive Health Check can pick up early signs of the disease process so that appropriate action can be taken to prevent the disease process from progressing. The Check can also give you peace of mind that there is no disease process going on and your health and fitness is in good order.
Our process has three parts.
- Full Medical (do this 2nd)
- Warrant of Fitness Assessment (do this first)
- Comprehensive Report
Our Full Medical is a comprehensive assessment by a qualified specialist doctor. It includes:
- Detailed medical history (personal, family, lifestyle, stress symptom profile, plus nutritional profile by Dr Kelly Dale PhD, Nutrition & Exercise Consultant) in Wellington and by a Naturopath in Auckland.
- Medical examination of cardiovascular, respiratory, abdominal, ear/nose/throat, neurological and musculoskeletal systems, skin check, and vision testing
- Blood tests (cholesterol, blood sugar – HbA1c, uric acid – gout, liver and kidney function including urinalysis, full blood count)
Referrals arranged to appropriate specialists if required (eg. molemap, chest X ray, mammography) – these consultations are not included in the fee.
Location for the medical:
Work Health Solutions, Level 3, Petherick Tower, 38 Waring-Taylor St, Wellington CBD
To make an appointment:
Phone (04) 529 7375 or email email@example.com ……and ask for the Executive Health Check Medical
Holistic Medical Centre, 46-48 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby, Auckland 1011
To make an appointment:
Phone Tania 021 707 093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org ……and ask for the Executive Health Check Medical
(NB. complete the medical after you have completed the Warrant of Fitness Assessment and it doesn’t have to be on the same day)